Every mental and physical health condition – from large to small – is affected by diet and lifestyle.
How often do you spend money on items of fleeting value?
Instead you can enjoy life changing health benefits with ongoing investment dividends. Understanding your body’s unique needs and how best to serve them can save you time, money and frustration.
A confidential environment where you and your needs are the number one priority.
• Diagnosis is accomplished on a question and answer basis: your symptoms tell your story. A first appointment usually requires about 1½ hours to achieve a thorough profile of your background, symptoms and concerns, and to tailor your solutions. During this appointment you will receive dietary, supplement and other pertinent advice according to your metabolic body-type and its unique mesh with your particular health issues and needs. These suggestions will be packaged in a way that is practical to your lifestyle. Supplements might be prescribed and are available at the clinic. Sometimes a specialised lab test is recommended (see below) to isolate inflammatory agents. A second appointment is advised for about 5 weeks later to check on your progress and make further refinements so you can achieve your best potential.
• Clinic hours are from 9 am Monday to Saturday with the last appointment of the day usually starting at 2 pm. From the date of your enquiry there may be a two-week wait before a time-slot is available (usually much longer for Saturdays). Consultations are charged according to the time used, or if the client is late, starting from the scheduled appointment time. Payment is by cash or cheque at the conclusion of the appointment, or by internet transfer (to be received within 2 days of the appointment). Contact the office for the current hourly consultation rate.
• After an initial face-to-face appointment there is the option of Skype, WhatsApp or phone consultations, especially for out-of-town clients. Some people prefer a succession of brief calls for ongoing updates and queries, with an account to cover a stipulated period. This is charged at the standard rate. An invoice will be emailed and is due upon receipt.
Specialised Lab Tests:
to help isolate food intolerances and other inflammatory triggers
Discover your unique relationship to food and environmental factors.
• Symptoms of food and environmental sensitivities may be evident anywhere in the body from asthma and arthritis, skin, digestive and hormonal conditions, to mind and mood disorders. The resulting health problems may be varied, cyclical or chronic with no easily observed link to foods, inhalants or topical triggers. Removing the offenders can achieve transformative resolution to problems which otherwise elude diagnosis and treatment. Standard allergy tests – such as the scratch or skin-prick test, and most blood tests – are best at determining fixed allergies (when a reaction occurs soon after exposure). These tests are not as effective in determining a masked or cumulative or cyclical sensitivity. These types of sensitivity tend to have delayed consequences that occur one to three days after exposure. They might be triggered by elevated stress levels or a woman’s menstrual cycle. If exposure is frequent then observing a connection is difficult and unlikely.
• The test that has proven its accuracy over many decades is a Hair Analysis Test – but only when done by a proven, specialist institution. A tiny hair sample is taken (coloured and treated hair is no problem; body hair may be used if necessary) and sent to a leading edge UK affiliate laboratory for testing using magnetic resonance (the technology that MRI scans utilise). Results are returned within 5 weeks. These are also accompanied with a read-out on any significant vitamin or mineral deficiency. Due to the thorough explanation required, these results and related recommendations are explained only during your scheduled appointment. For further information about allergies and sensitivities see TIPS for Why You May Be Allergic To the 21st Century.